Sunday, April 10, 2005
So after a short-lived blogging hiatus this is where my story begins. . .
The last 2 weeks of Winter quarter I was feeling energetically and emotionally drained. Soon after my last final I had a Starbucks session with Angie. One hour later I left our session feeling inspired and motivated.
Almost 98% of my spring break consisted of prepping for retreat. I don't know if everything I wanted to happen during retreat happened, but I couldn't ask for a better retreat.
Although I loved the hip hop dance inspired theme of this year's high school outreach, they really should have called it the "OVER ACHIEVER" year. From the hso coords to the students themselves I'd say everyone went balls out . . . LOL. With the facilitators, everyone went crazy with their group identities and made not only posters (many of which were masterpieces) but everyone made props for their students. There were crowns, fireballs, visors, even King Koopa's shell made out of a back (thanks to to vincey-poo)! This year the facilitators gave everyone a nice suprise by serving fried chicken AND pizza. It was nice having lunch in Aldrich park because it gave a more family like atmosphere to the whole event. The students were the best! Everyone was excited about everything and all of them gave it their all when it was time to do Roll Call! Yay for Princess's Rock Away!
"I said my homies gonna pass, Cuz we never miss a class, and Uh. . . Do the Rockaway. . .And leanback"
The students were over achievers because all of them were in the IB program. To clarify because I know my high school didn't offer them, IB courses are higher than AP courses, and the units and grades are calculated into your college gpa and units. That's crazy!
So I took a test and discovered the Disney character most like me is Tinkerbell. . .hence the layout. I was surprised too because the I think the description of Tinkerbell is pretty accurate to my own character: Quiet, Jealous, & and my Heart directs my Actions.
Last night I had an unexpected dream that included both Pope John Paul II and Mother Teresa. All I remember was that I was crying for the most part. I woke up realizing how much I take too many things in my life for granted.
Okay I should knock out soon. I need to wake up and prepare for my African Dance Class. If I had known that these dance classes were so fun and interesting, I think I would have taken a dance class every quarter of my entire college career!
Sidenote: When I was 4 years old I had my morning routine. Wake up, brush my teeth, make a Nestle Quick chocolate milk, and watch Lady and the Tramp. I did this EVERYDAY! So technically I could say I've watched this movie at least 365 time. Hmm. . .that's when life was chill and there were no responsibilities! But it's nice to know you'll alway have your childhood memories close to your heart. I LOVE the character LADY!
The last 2 weeks of Winter quarter I was feeling energetically and emotionally drained. Soon after my last final I had a Starbucks session with Angie. One hour later I left our session feeling inspired and motivated.
Almost 98% of my spring break consisted of prepping for retreat. I don't know if everything I wanted to happen during retreat happened, but I couldn't ask for a better retreat.
Although I loved the hip hop dance inspired theme of this year's high school outreach, they really should have called it the "OVER ACHIEVER" year. From the hso coords to the students themselves I'd say everyone went balls out . . . LOL. With the facilitators, everyone went crazy with their group identities and made not only posters (many of which were masterpieces) but everyone made props for their students. There were crowns, fireballs, visors, even King Koopa's shell made out of a back (thanks to to vincey-poo)! This year the facilitators gave everyone a nice suprise by serving fried chicken AND pizza. It was nice having lunch in Aldrich park because it gave a more family like atmosphere to the whole event. The students were the best! Everyone was excited about everything and all of them gave it their all when it was time to do Roll Call! Yay for Princess's Rock Away!
"I said my homies gonna pass, Cuz we never miss a class, and Uh. . . Do the Rockaway. . .And leanback"
The students were over achievers because all of them were in the IB program. To clarify because I know my high school didn't offer them, IB courses are higher than AP courses, and the units and grades are calculated into your college gpa and units. That's crazy!
So I took a test and discovered the Disney character most like me is Tinkerbell. . .hence the layout. I was surprised too because the I think the description of Tinkerbell is pretty accurate to my own character: Quiet, Jealous, & and my Heart directs my Actions.
Last night I had an unexpected dream that included both Pope John Paul II and Mother Teresa. All I remember was that I was crying for the most part. I woke up realizing how much I take too many things in my life for granted.
Okay I should knock out soon. I need to wake up and prepare for my African Dance Class. If I had known that these dance classes were so fun and interesting, I think I would have taken a dance class every quarter of my entire college career!
Sidenote: When I was 4 years old I had my morning routine. Wake up, brush my teeth, make a Nestle Quick chocolate milk, and watch Lady and the Tramp. I did this EVERYDAY! So technically I could say I've watched this movie at least 365 time. Hmm. . .that's when life was chill and there were no responsibilities! But it's nice to know you'll alway have your childhood memories close to your heart. I LOVE the character LADY!
